Requesting Your Medical Records
Patients have right to request a copy of their medical records. In order to obtain your medical records you must submit a written request and proof of identification.
- Submit the Authorization to Release Medical Information
- Submit a written request including:
- Patient name, address and birth date
- Whom you want the information sent to (please provide Name and address if you wish it to be mailed, Name, Phone number and fax number or Name and email address)
- The dates of the records requested
Questions: Please call 304-799-7400, extension 1308
Requests can be submitted in person: in the Medical Records Department, Monday – Friday 7:30am-4pm.
Requests can be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Requests can be faxed to: 304-799-2276 (Results may not be faxed until the next business day following receipt of record.)
Requests can be mailed to:
Pocahontas Memorial Hospital
Attn: Medical Records Department
150 Duncan Road
Buckeye, WV 24924
Personal record copies are subject to a processing fee. The Medical Records Department will call you to discuss this fee prior to processing records.
Note: Records are sent to your Doctor(s) at no charge
Requests are processed in the order they are received. We make every effort to complete requests in a timely manner.