Job Type: Full-time
Shift: Various Shifts
Under medical supervision, may be required to deliver respiratory care services to patients in all areas of the hospital. Adapts to the particular area of duty assignment and performs special duties required by the assignment. Carries out assigned duties and responsibilities according to policies and procedures approved by the Medical Director for Cardiopulmonary Services with only minimal or indirect supervision and frequently makes independent decisions.
· Measures lung capacity and analyzes blood samples using a blood gas analyzer.
· Delivers and assesses response to ordered therapy per plan of care. Monitors, records, and communicates patient condition as appropriate.
· Evaluates respiratory care policies and procedures based on patient outcomes, current research, and best practices.
· Responds to codes and calls for emergent assistance. Assesses patient condition and delivers appropriate treatment.
· Educates the patient and family about the patient’s illness
· Monitors, receives, stocks, and distributes respiratory care supplies and medical gas cylinders.
· Maintains storage areas with required supply levels and equipment.
· Disassembles, cleans, and sterilizes equipment, and performs preventative maintenance and calibration of machines.
Reports to: Cardiopulmonary Manager
· Minimum Education
o Graduate of a Program in Discipline – Required
o Minimum of an Associate of Applied Science in Respiratory Care.
· Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision. Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action.
· Basic Life Support (BLS) – to be obtained within 30 days
· Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS) – to be obtained within 6 months
· Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) – to be obtained within 6 months
· Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT) or Certified Respiratory Therapist (CRT) by the National Board for Respiratory Care, Inc.; and licensed by the State of West Virginia.
· Possess advanced knowledge of cardiopulmonary physiology and other sciences related to respiratory care and be able to demonstrate these to others. Demonstrated ability to use tact and judgment when dealing with physicians, nurses, other hospital employees, patients and patients’ families. Demonstrated verbal ability to explain various procedures being performed to patients and patients’ families.
For more information and to apply, please contact:
· Dental insurance
· Health insurance
· Vision insurance
· Life Insurance
· Flex Spending
· Acute care
· Emergency Room
· Outpatient Testing
· Various Shifts (Day/Evening)
· Associates in a Respiratory Care program (Required)
· CRT/RRT credential through NBRC (Required)
· Licensed through WVBORC (Required)